1. Mother’s Day is much better since becoming a mom. I used to hate everything about it. Losing my mom at 12 and having to have this dedicated day to celebrate her was very hard growing up. I don’t know why I haven’t thought about this before but I really should have celebrated it anyway. She is still my mom. I should have just gone to church or remembered her in a quiet way but I was so busy hating walking by Hallmark or seeing all the Mother’s Day ads to notice. My mother’s day card from my husband and my kids was extra special this year because my son wrote in his and his sister’s name. My husband always picks a great card (I am not sure if he really reads them but the sentiment always means a lot to me).
2. We got to play Wii this year. My son got it for his birthday and my husband and I played on Mother’s Day. We boxed and we played golf. I am happy to say I was able to knock him out in both fights.
3. It was just relaxing. Usually we head out to the in-laws for dinner but this Mother’s Day we stayed close to home because hubby was doing an all nighter at work.
4. I camped out in the living room with my kids and let them fall asleep whenever they did. No pressure no problem as they say in the islands.
5. More than all the others, this year and every 5 years I will share this day with my son’s birthday. He was born on Mother’s Day 2003. The best gift ever.