My kids are really getting in on it as well because every time Goddess or Handsome sell something I give them the money. They love making some money for their piggy banks and I love that I am not raising hoarders.
The Tagsale site is great but some of us with a LOT of items have decided to do a community yard sale which will benefit the church in town as our table rental fee is going toward them.
I have spent the past few weeks organizing bins of things and trying to price items. As a child this was something my mom did at least once a year but everything was used and priced really, really low. This sale will be a bit different. Some items are brand new, never used, relevant items and nothing is ratty. I will be getting rid of clothing, CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, Video Games, Toys, jewelry, shoes, and more.
After researching I found out:
- I should use painters tape so that it doesn't adhere to the item.
- Price the items to sell. I hope to not have to take too many items home. Hopefully at least 75% go!
- Price everything. People will not consider an item if there is no price on it.
- Expect people to haggle. Don't get mad if people ask you to accept a lower price.
- Advertise! Advertise! Advertise!
So far I have 4 bins and a bunch of stuff I have no bins for. I am also sorting out things that will get a better price at some other online sites where you can sell your stuff and make some money.
Wish Me Luck! I hope to at least make $150.00