Number of Players: 4-8
Age Group: 13+
Time to Play: 20-30 Minutes
May the Best Headline Win!Score points for the most hilariously believable headlines using Image and Topic cards for the chosen Audience, because everything else is just FAKE NEWS!
225 Cards. Endless headline possibilities.
I had this on the lunch table at work so we could all check it out. Everyone loved the name Fake News. Our only wish was that it could be played with less than 4. We were usually 2-3 people at any given time. However we all think in a group this game would be so much fun.
Basically you have to come up with the best headline. There are a few ways to get points in the game and a few ways to play. Even though we couldn't review the conventional way it was a blast to try to create headlines with the cards.
How To Play:
- Each player takes a set of 3 tokens (3 Points, 2 Points and “FAKE NEWS”) in the color of their choice.
- Any player shuffles the red IMAGE cards, the blue TOPIC cards, and finally the green AUDIENCE cards.
- Pick an Audience Player. This person will act as the AUDIENCE for the first round. Each round a different player gets the chance to get into a character as the Audience Player and judge the HEADLINES other players create.
- The Audience Player lays out a number of the red IMAGE cards equal to the total number of players in the game, then turns them face up to reveal their images.
- 6 Player Game IMAGE Cards - Turn face up to reveal images.
- The Audience Player then deals all other players 5 blue TOPIC cards.
- Finally, the Audience Player takes a green AUDIENCE card. At this point, all players decide whether this card should be revealed now, BEFORE the round begins, or AFTER players have created their headlines. Try it both ways!
- The round is set, now to make and break some FAKE NEWS
Since we were always under 4 people at one time we placed a bunch of pictures cards around the table and each had topic cards in our hands that helped us create the headlines. Then we put an audience card on the table face down. After saying our headlines out loud, we asked anyone who came in the room for copies to pick the winners based on our headlines and the audience card. It was a lot of laughs and I cannot wait to play with more people so we can each have a turn playing the audience. Bringing to my in-laws so I can play with the family on Christmas.
From Breaking Games - by the way you can get 20% off and if you order by Monday you can get it by Christmas.
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary product for my honest opinion. No monetary compensation was offered.