Dr. Hillary Steinhart Discusses Crohns & Colitis
Topics and discussion points for Crohn's & Colitis:
• What is inflammatory bowel disease?
• What are the symptoms of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis?
• Dietary strategies for managing IBD
• Psychological support for managing IBD
• Drug therapy for managing IBD
• What can I expect now that I have IBD?
• Various diagnostic tests for IBD
• Surgical treatment of IBD
• Treating children with IBD
• The onset of inflammatory disease may be influenced by age, gender, and geography.
• What lifestyle changes does one have to make when diagnosed with this disease?
• Will I be able to get pregnant with this disease? Will my condition flare if I do?
• Crohn’s disease was almost unheard of in Japan 50 years ago, but has had a steady increase since.
• The incidence in the Jewish population is among the highest of any ethnic or racial group.
• What are the possible complications of IBD?
• Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis typically develop in people who are in good health with no prior bowel symptoms or digestive problems.