Dear Skye Angelique,
You are one today. I can't believe how quick this year has gone. When I found out I was pregnant with you I was so sure you were a boy. I had wanted a baby girl all my life. Because I wanted you so bad I was sure that I was destined to have boys only. I was ready and happy to be having another boy because of my unbelievable love for your brother.
When the sonogram tech told me that you were a girl I started crying. I couldn't believe it, I was going to get my baby girl! I remember telling her that I knew there was a God because I had always said, "if there's a God, he will give me a girl." The sonogram tech said, "yes there is a God and SHE gave you a girl."
After your Grandmother passed I wanted to share a Mother/Daughter relationship with my own. I used to hate Mother's Day because my mother wasn't here. Now I LOVE Mother's Day!
You and your brother have made me so very happy. I love being a Mommy to the both of you.
Skye, you are everything that God intended for me. You are beautiful, feisty, sweet, funny and I adore you. Your presence in my life is truly God sent. I can't wait to see what you become. I wish you happiness, laughter, love, friendship, and spirituality. I hope you drink your fill from the cup of life. I hope you soar, dream, learn, sing, dance, notice the little things but most of all please always know how much I love you. You are my heart on legs, a special flower from heaven hand picked just for me. You are truly the most beautiful baby girl I have ever seen.
Ten things I love about you
- Your little fingers wrapped around my hand as I nurse you or put you to sleep.
- Your rosy little cheeks when you get mad because your brother snatched something from your hand.
- The way you need me.
- The way you wrinkle your nose when you smile.
- How you are so interested in your hand when you notice your fingers moving.
- How you study my face when I sing to you.
- Holding you as you slowly fall asleep. Your warm little body nestled in my arms.
- Your feisty spirit. You are a going to be a women who knows what she wants.
- Your adorable laugh when you look at your brother or when I run holding you. It is infectious.
- Your smell. I love smelling you from the top of your head to the tip of your toes. You smell like heaven and I wish I could bottle it to wear behind my ear every single day of my life.
Your many nicknames over the last year
- Baby Girl
- Lady Bug
- PITA (pain in the ass)
- A few choice words that I hope never to use again.
I love you Skye, Mommy