The World Almanac® and Book of Facts 2017 (Dec. 6; $14.99), which chronicles the most notable people, places, and events of 2016 along with a wealth of fascinating facts. This latest edition of America’s bestselling reference book offers brand new features such as:
2016—Top 10 News Topics: The editors of The World Almanac® list the top stories that held the world's attention in 2016.
• 2016—Year in Sports: Hundreds of pages of trivia and statistics that are essential for any sports fan, featuring complete coverage of the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, the 2016 World Series, and much more.
• 2016—Year in Pictures: Striking full-color images from around the world in 2016, covering news, entertainment, science, and sports.
• 2016—Offbeat News Stories:The World Almanac® editors found some of the strangest news stories of the year.
• World Almanac ® Editors' Picks: Time Capsule: The World Almanac® lists the items that most came to symbolize the year 2016, from news and sports to pop culture.
• 2016 Election Results: The World Almanac® provides a comprehensive look at the entire 2016 election process, from the roller coaster of the early primaries to state and county presidential voting results and coverage of House, Senate, and gubernatorial races.
• The World at a Glance: This annual feature of The World Almanac® provides a quick look at the surprising stats and curious facts that define the changing world.
• World Almanac ® Editors’ Picks: The Best Teams That Never Won It All: In light of Golden State's unprecedented regular season success and eventual downfall in the NBA Finals, The World Almanac® takes a look back into sports history for the best teams that fell just short of championship glory.
• Statistical Spotlight: A brand-new feature highlights statistics relevant to the biggest stories of the year. These data provide context to give readers a fresh perspective on important issues.
• Other New Highlights: Newly available statistics on sexuality, student loans, overdose deaths, state minimum wages, and much more.
The popular sections “Time Capsule,” “Offbeat News Stories,” “Top News Topics” and “Year in Pictures” also make their return.
Yup it comes out this week for 2017 and it has never been better. My kids (which I am thrilled about) love looking at facts and stats. This book was sitting on the table with about 12 other books and this is the one they both wanted to pick up and eventually fought over. I found it so interesting. That is exactly how I was as a kid. I love browsing through the World Almanac. Yes, it is a huge book. Yes, it can be intimidating. Yes, it has very little pictures but there is something about all that knowledge in one book. There is so much trivia here and color photos. I don't remember color photos in my books from when I was a kid.
The book is easy to navigate thanks to the tabs that separate the sections.
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary product for my honest opinion. My reviews are 100% honest and true based on my personal opinion not on a company’s description or request. I am not employed by any company I review for. No monetary compensation was received.