Whether you work at home or physically punch a time clock, if your job involves being in an office you need to make the space comfortable. When you stare at the same walls all day it's common to grow bored of your surroundings. You have a harder time getting started on your tasks, you lack motivation, and you may simply no longer feel inspired. Decorating your office with some of the essentials on this list will have a positive effect on your mood and work performance.
- Quality Chair - Comfort starts with your chair. If you chase a toddler around most of the day then you likely look forward to the times when you can actually sit down. Make the most of these moments by rewarding your body with an ergonomic chair. If you are currently experiencing headaches, neck pain, tight shoulders or a sore back, you need to take a good long look at your chair.
- Ergonomic Keyboard - There is nothing worse than having your hands cramp while typing. An ergonomic keyboard, especially a split variety, is more comfortable because it offers more space between the hands. These keyboards provide wrist support and promote better posture. Plus, they are a must for carpel tunnel syndrome.
- Tabletop Fireplace - When you sit in one place for an extended period of time, your body temperature generally drops. If you are at home you don't want to be forced to turn the heat up. If you are at a job, you probably don't have any control over the temperature. Plus, many employers frown on space heaters. A tabletop fireplace that burns bio ethanol fuel is perfect for your office. You can light it when you get cold and extinguish the flame once you warm up. Ethanol Fireplace Pros has a huge selection, and they don't need venting.
- Fan - In the summer, a fan is essential. If you are at home, you can use any type of fan you want. However, if your workplace does not allow fans so there aren't 30 fans using energy all day choose a small one with a USB cord that can plug into your computer or a portable power pack.
- Plants - The easiest way to breathe life into a boring space is to actually introduce living art to it. Plants improve air quality, create oxygen, and inspire positive thinking and creativity.
- Snacks - The better prepared you are with an array of healthy snacks, the less likely you are to binge on junk.