Here are a few of my own
1. Seeing past every one’s faults and seeing the good.
2. Taking time to be with my kids every day. There is not a day that goes by where I am TOO BUSY
to spend time with them doing things that matter like, listening, playing, enjoying, being in the moment or just holding them. There is nothing more important. The house is going to get dirty, and the TV will always be there.
3. Finding time to write. I know a ton of people who tell me they wish they had written in their kids books of firsts, had written letters, documented life experiences, or whatever. There is time. Just do it.
4. Taking pictures of my children. Loads of people tell me I take great pictures. They want to know how I know how to get the light or how to capture that moment. The truth is, I have no idea what goes into taking a fabulous picture. I am mostly just trying to capture the moment so I can live it again and again.
5. Keeping up with my family. I honestly think that if I didn’t make attempts to reach out to them, I would never know what was going on in any of their lives.
6. Technical stuff. I am not the smartest person in the world but I can figure out how to use a camera, set a VCR, hook things up to the computer or TV, hook the computer up to the TV, download from my cameras to the computer and burn it to a disk, etc. I wish I had more time to hold an in house class for the many women I know who can’t figure out how to load pictures to the computer, or once loaded where are they? I hear these questions so often.
7. Talking on the phone. Just ask my husband.
8. Making a good pot of coffee. Ask any coffee drinker and they will tell you just how important this is.
9. Researching information. I am an expert computer surfer. Ask me to find you something and I can turn it out. I love while talking on the phone, someone can bring something, anything up and I can Yahoo, Google, or whatever them an answer in less than 60 seconds.
10. Being happy, not sweating the small stuff. Easier said than done but I have become such an expert at just concentrating on things that I can change and not wasting time on things I have no power of that I scare myself sometimes.