It’s back-to-school week in my neck of the woods (can you believe it???) and that means new friends and predictably, a steady stream of birthday invites from your kids' new classmates. I am now the mom of an 8th grader and 9th grader. Welcome to the "fly by" years my friends. My kids love the newness of the new school year. New classes, new teachers and new friends.
National Geographic wants to help my readers with some educational yet fun reading for your kids as they set out on their new adventure to their new school year, new friends and new memories.
They put books out all the time and this pack of books may be my favorite so far.
* National Geographic Kids Almanac 2019 (ages 8-12, $14.99) is the best selling almanac for kids on the planet!! Kids love it because its curated and created just for kids and it's packed with incredible photos; tons of fun facts, crafts, and activities; and fascinating features about animals, science, nature, technology, and more. New features include an updated "Fun and Games" chapter filled with all-new games, jokes, and comics; all new weird-but-true facts; "19 Facts for 2019" feature in every chapter; updated reference material; and cool stuff on topics today's curious kids care about. Plus This year’s Almanac Challenge 2019 — Lions Forever! -- encourages kids to get involved and make a difference. The focus is on highlighting the threats lions face and the importance of saving them. Kids are encouraged to visit natgeokids.com/almanac to create a lion poster and send a message with their entry about why they feel lions must be saved. Winner will receive a $500 cash prize!
* Awesome 8 Epic (ages 8-12, $12.99) Want to know the who/what/where of the coolest stuff on the planet? Count down with this fun picture list book, featuring the 8 most awesome things in over 50 fun categories that are absolutely epic! Stunning photographs illustrate the countdowns that include such engaging topics as Most Ancient Mysteries, Amazing Mazes to Get Lost In, Seriously Cool Space Sensations, Most Mighty Miniatures, Funkiest Food Mash-ups, Most Fabulous Fairy Tale Fashion Pieces, Most Clever Creatures, Highest Altitude Adventures, and so much more.
* Real or Fake? 3 (ages 8-12, $7.99) Can you detect a hoax from the real deal? See right through photo trickery? Spot the phony logic in a story in seconds? Kids put their sleuthing skills to work in this riotously fun book to see if they can find the truth behind bizarre stories, faulty facts, iffy lists, news headlines, and more. Check the Fib-o-Meter to find out! Complete with incredible photos and quirky collage art, this is another Nat Geo Kids book you have to read to believe...or disbelieve!
* Extreme Records (ages 9-12, $14.99) Get ready to go the the extreme — it’s time to set the record straight! This book explores the most out-there records the world has to offer — from the tallest mountain to the deepest cave, from the smallest drone to the fastest trains from the the most dangerous thing underfoot to the most dangerous jobs around and from the oddest ancient creatures to the tinniest, deadliest and most extreme animals on Earth. In every chapter check out Case Studies, Spotlights and Creature Features; watch two extremes go head to head in "SmackDown Central” read all-out long-ago extremes in “Blast From the Past.” At the end of each chapter it’s all about fun and games: rank the extremes you read about, do some myth-busting and even try out a delicious ice cream recipe!
* Little Kids First Big Book of Why 2 (ages 4-8, $14.99) Following up on the best-selling Little Kids First Big Book of Why, the next book in the hit Little Kids First Big Book series features even more of the endless "Why?" questions preschoolers love to ask! This charming reference book answers some of kids' most burning "Why?" questions. More than 200 colorful photos are paired with age-appropriate text featuring answers to questions like "Why do dogs sniff everything?" "Why do I burp?" and "Why is ocean water salty?" This book inspires kids to be curious, ask questions, and explore the world around them.
And, no gift is complete without a birthday card!:
National Geographic Kids Birthday Cards (ages 4-9, $9.99) Make birthdays magical with this book, filled with creative activities, cool tips, amazing photos and 30 cool pull-out birthday postcards.
Precious animal photos paired with heartfelt and funny (and pun-ny!) captions help kids celebrate that most special of days. Each card also leaves plenty of room for kids to craft their own messages to show friends and family how much they care. Content includes tips and tricks for writing fun and friendly birthday notes and being a good guest, as well as cute creature pictures to spread that warm, fuzzy feeling far and wide.
To Enter the Giveaway fill out this form below:
Disclaimer: I received complimentary products for this review. No monetary compensation was offered. All opinions are my own.