Love this! I found it on one of my favorite websites Huffington Post. This is literally where I get my news or where I go if I have a moment to read.
They have a wonderful list of 37 things you can get rid of right now that are taking up space in your home. I am a big believer in donating and recycling and try to give things to people I know will like it.
- A drawer full of preschool worksheets (I am bringing them to one of the preschools in the area
- Old Christmas, Valentine's and Birthday Cards. If there isn't a heartfelt message in there, it is going. I always save my grandparents because you never know when it will be their last one.
- My huge bag of plastic bags! I may save 4 - 5 but the rest are going to the supermarket into their donate bin.
- The kids school work. It has been a slow process but I am taking photos of a lot of their papers so I don't feel like I have to save everything.
- Some games that the kids haven't played with. I am bringing them to the teacher's lounge at school and leaving them their for them to pick through
- I have over the past few years weeded out a lot of my books. I simply don't have the room and I am downsizing my life. If they haven't changed my life, they are being donated to the library. I recently brought a basket of brand new books I no longer wanted to the teacher's lounge at our school. The teachers were happy to get them.
- A ton of printer supplies. Half used labels by the hundreds