16 Reasons to Love San Diego
From its California-cool to fabulous hotels in San Diego, there are a thousand reasons to love this great city. Here are just a handful of them.
1. In the Downtown area of San Diego, there are a number of rooftop bars. Is there anything better than sipping your favorite cocktail while watching the sunset? Probably not.
2. The 1,800-acre San Diego Zoo Wild Animal Park is chock full of interesting, amazing, beautiful animals.
3. The Guy Fleming Trail at the Torrey Pines State Reserve is a little over half a mile and offers views of the ocean.
4. Outside of Mexico, the best Mexican food you can get is in San Diego.
5. Petco Park, home to the Padres, has more to offer than just baseball. The ballpark has waterfalls and mouthwatering tacos, too.
6. Picnic at the Children’s Pool in La Jolla, which is actually a resting place for seals, making it a great area to watch wildlife while soaking up the sun.
7. Order Spanish combination platters for a mere $10 at Salazar’s.
8. Pop into the Hotel del Coronado, which is where the movie “Some Like It Hot” was filmed.
9. Save money at San Diego’s popular second-hand shops, especially the ones at the Newport Avenue Antique Center.
10. Go hang gliding and paragliding at the Torrey Pines Gliderport. Both novices and experts are welcome.
11. Be brave and take a ride on The Giant Dipper, a wooden roller coaster that dates back to 1925. You’ll get views of both Mission Bay and the Pacific Ocean.
12. Grab breakfast at the surfer-themed Pipes Cafe.
13. Spend a night at the Heritage Park B&B, an 1889 mansion with 12 rooms. Enjoy your cookies and tea on the veranda.
14. Love empanadas? Order yours at Panchita’s Bakery, which is just east of Downtown San Diego. Bonus: they cost less than one dollar!
15. Taste the freshest seafood around at Point Loma Seafoods, a no-fuss restaurant and market where the focus is on the food, not the atmosphere.
16. Bask in that California sunset at Sunset Cliffs Natural Park. As you prop yourself on a high, craggy rock, you’ll think that both the sky and the ocean seem endless.
Whatever your tastes, there’s something for you in San Diego!
Labels: general buzzworthy