Getting a few extra minutes of sleep in the morning sounds amazing for the average person. However, the most successful people use those few extra minutes to get ahead of their peers. According to Naam Yoga Therapists, “adding a few things to your morning to-do list can change your day, week and in the end, your life.” See their tips below to make the most of your morning.
- Stretch: Even if only for 30 second holds, loosening up your muscles and opening your heart sets the stage for the rest of the day.
- Perform Shakti Naam Healing Pendulum Exercise: The Shakti Naam Healing Pendulum Exercise bestows lifelong health benefits and is for everyone who desires a high quality of life. When practiced on a daily basis, this simple yet extraordinary practice ensures an enhanced state of health in every realm of the body, mind and spirit. The special movement of the arms used during the exercise is an expression of the great power that moves people onwards on the path of Life. It represents the awakening of the longing in the human soul for the Supreme. Raising the arms up from below symbolizes moving from the material world to the Divine World.
- Give Thanks: This doesn’t need to be long, but giving thanks has many positive benefits. Not only does it start your day with positivity, it opens you up to healthy, positive energy in the world.
“By taking just a couple minutes out of your morning and dedicating them to yourself, you will experience a happier, healthier and more productive lifestyle,” Naam Yoga Therapists explained. “After doing it for a few weeks, you will actually start looking forward to mornings!” Well, if that is the case, sign us up now for this morning routine!
3 Tips to De-stress at Work from a Naam Expert
We all get stressed and anxious at work. Whether your boss is always on your case, your coworker makes you anxious, or you put the stress on yourself, there are luckily ways to minimize the effect. We spoke with Naam Yoga Experts on ways to make the most of your workday and de-stress from your boss and coworkers. “Once you try these three exercises, your workday will be much more pleasant and your stress levels will instantaneously decrease,” explained Naam Yoga Expert.
- Fist Tighten & Release: Place your thumb on base of your pinky finger and squeeze thumb. Put your fists at your side. When you inhale, raise shoulders up. When you exhale, push shoulders down. Repeat this breath and shoulder movement at different speeds. This exercise is great for opening and loosening shoulders, specifically for those working at a desk.
- Chest Opening: Place your hands on hips then connect hands behind your back. Intertwine your fingers. Inhale and turn head to left. Exhale and bring neck back to center. Repeat this movement for both sides, up and down, coming back to center each time. This exercise opens up your chest, releases negative energy and brings positive energy in.
- Triangle Hands: Place hands in triangle across lower abdomen, underneath the belly button. With your hands placed on abdomen, repeat mantras. While speaking mantras, lightly tap your hands and bend your knees. This releases negative energy as well as anxious thoughts and feelings. For advanced exercise, alternate between tapping your hands on abdomen and clapping. Clapping sends messages to your brain that you are happy. This exercise is great for those stressed and anxious as it sends positive thoughts to brain.
“The best part about these exercises is that they can be done at your desk,” Naam Yoga explained. Give them a try and see for yourself how your workday mood brightens.