Lands’ End Celebrates 50th Birthday of the Backpack with
50 Percent Off Backpacks and Free Shipping
Dedicated Shopping Day with Amazing Offers, Backpack Advice and Chance to Win Birthday Prizes
DODGEVILLE, WIS. – Fifty years ago, the modern-day backpack was born, and to commemorate this important milestone, Lands’ End is celebrating the birthday of the backpack on August 8, 2017. The Lands’ End 50th Backpack Birthday will honor the iconic pack with extraordinary offers and advice to help parents and kids discover the best backpacks in time to head back to class.
“Backpacks have greatly evolved in the past 50 years; from a mere zippered nylon bag with straps to carry books in 1967 to today’s backpacks offering enhanced features, such as reflective safety trim, water bottle pockets to laptop sleeves, along with personalized style for every student,” said Becky Gebhardt, EVP, Chief Marketing Officer, Lands’ End. “At Lands’ End, we’ve been building better backpacks for over 30 years and continue to raise the grade each season. This year, we have a pack sized for every student – from preschool to college bound – with styles made with durable rip-resistant fabrics and stronger seams to accommodate everything from electronics and school supplies to sports gear. We understand that a backpack is a critical purchase for back to school, and today’s students need durable packs that will last them the entire school year.”
More about Lands’ End’s 50th Backpack Birthday Celebration:
· 50/50 Extraordinary Offers – To celebrate the 50th Backpack Birthday Lands’ End is announcing an EXTRAORDINARY offer – on August 8, 2017, all backpacks (and coordinating lunch boxes) will be 50 percent off with free shipping. Use promo code: BACKPACK50 and pin: 7476 to receive this amazing offer.
· Pick Your Pack – There’s truly a backpack for everyone in the family. Lands’ End offers an assortment of packs to pick from this season including: ClassMate®, Digital ClassMate, TechPack, Critter Backpack, Packable Cinch Sack and the Campus pack collections.
· Backpack Personality – Personalizing a backpack is a popular trend. Between icons, initials and monograms, Lands’ End has hundreds of options for kids to create a personalized pack. New emojis, based on the popular smartphone characters, add to the fun. There are even glow-in-the-dark options with a dinosaur skeleton, crossbones and star. It’s just $6 for an initial, name or icon.
· #Backpack50 Twitter Birthday Party – August 8, 2017 – Lands’ End is also hosting a 4-hour Twitter #Backpack50 Birthday Party, complete with advice from Lands’ End as well as chances to win $100 gift cards and backpacks.
· Online Tips – Visit landsend.com/backtoschool to determine which backpack will be an A+ fit. New backpack shopping tool and videos to show “What Fits.”
· Lands’ End #LoveLearning – Education doesn’t have to take a vacation this summer. Lands’ End together with Steve Spangler Science and Brightly, a website from Penguin Random House, has launched the #LoveLearning campaign. Parents and kids can log on to Landsend.com/LoveLearning weekly from now through August 31, 2017, to discover do-it-yourself science experiments, book recommendations and fun t-shirt designs.
ABOUT LANDS’ END, INC.
Lands' End, Inc. (Nasdaq:LE) is a leading multi-channel retailer of clothing, accessories, footwear and home products. We offer products through catalogs, online at www.landsend.com and affiliated specialty and international websites, and through retail locations, primarily at Lands' End Shops at Sears® and standalone Lands' End Stores. We are a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service and real value, and seek to deliver timeless style for men, women, kids and the home.