In Boss Baby the Boss informs another baby “Put that cookie down. Cookies are for closers.” If you, like me have no idea what that means I have the low down. This was in fact loosely based on a line Alec Baldwin says in a 1992 movie titled Glengarry Glen Ross. Alec is a sales manager and tells his employee, “Put that coffee down. Coffee is for closers.”
While I have no idea what kind of cookies Boss Baby likes, I decided to try my hand at a recipe from Martha Stewart. While they took a little more time than other cookies, it was worth it.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
My kids loved them!
I hope you have a chance to try out the cookies while watching Boss Baby out on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital July 25th!
To Pre-Order the movie: