“Halloween is an exciting time for kids, so the last thing we want to do is take away their fun,” explains Dr. Bruno Sharp, a fourth-generation dentist who created a line of products called Dr. Sharp Natural Oral Care, and is celebrating his 10th year as a Natural Oral Care provider. “We can still keep it fun and yet make it healthier. Most kids may not even realize that parents took steps to make it more natural.”
Dr. Sharp offers these tips for going natural and healthy this Halloween:
- Prior to Halloween, visit your dentist to have sealants put onto your kids' teeth to seal and protect the enamel grooves, avoiding dental decay.
- Give your children a good nutritious meal before they go trick-or-treating. Mashed pumpkin is rich in vitamin A and a great snack. If they are not hungry while trick-or-treating, they will be less likely to try and fill up on empty calories and sugar.
- Try to avoid all unnecessary sugar that day. That way, if they do have a few treats later, they won't run the risk of overdosing on sweets.
- Instruct your children not to eat any treats until they bring them home to be examined by you.
- Supervise your children to have their teeth brushed and flossed immediately after consuming Halloween candy and right before bed.
- Parents who are handing out treats to trick-or-treaters or donating snacks for parties should opt for non-sugary foods, such as individual bags of crackers, granola bars, or fruit leather.
- Encourage kids to walk when they are trick-or-treating, so they get some exercise as they gather their treats.
- Make sure your children use high quality, natural non-fluoride toothpaste.
- If your child gets a large amount of candy, encourage them to keep half of it and donate the other half to a shelter, sell it to a dentist office candy buy-back, or give it to one of the organizations that sends it to U.S. troops overseas.
Dr. Sharp Natural Oral Care product line includes children’s toothpaste, adult toothpaste, fresh mint mouthwash, and dental tape. All products are safe to use, made in the USA, and are metal free, gluten-free, have no artificial colors or flavors, are vegan, non-GMO, alcohol-free, fluoride-free, paraben-free and cruelty-free. Plus, they help whiten teeth and have xylitol, which is a natural sweetener that also helps to fight off cavities. The products are safe for the entire family. To learn more about Dr. Sharp Natural Oral Care products or see where they can be purchased, visit the site at: www.drsharpcare.com.
About Dr. Sharp Natural Oral Care
Dr. Sharp Natural Oral Care is a line of natural oral care products that were created by a fourth-generation dentist. All products are made from natural, safe non-GMO ingredients, and are made in the USA. The product line includes toothpastes for children and adults, mouthwash, and dental tape. For more information, visit the site at: www.drsharpcare.com. Follow them on Facebook and Instagram @drsharpnaturaloralcare
# # #