LAUGH-IN gets a makeover in SEASON 6—a new set design, new cast members, a bevy of new Downtown Beauties, and the show’s musical director Ian Bernard and His Band playing live during some of the party scenes. Carol Burnett signs their autograph book and takes one on the chin. Phyllis Diller tickles the funny bone and the ivories with a little Bach. Jo Anne Worley appears in the final episode, but Ruth Buzzi and the daffy firewomen utter the last “Goodnight, Dick.” RIP, Laugh-In.
GAGS & JOKES & GUFFAWS IN THE COMPLETE SIXTH SEASON:
- All 24 episodes of the final season in this 6-DVD set.
- Starring: Dan Rowan, Dick Martin, Gary Owens, Ruth Buzzi, Lily Tomlin, Dennis Allen, Richard Dawson, Moosie Drier, Tod Bass, Brian Bressler, Patti Deutsch, Sarah Kennedy, Jod Strunk, Willie Tyler & Lester and Donna Jean Young.
- Classic Features: Cocktail Party, Fickle Finger of Fate, Here Comes the Judge, Robot Theater, Joke Wall, the Swizzles, General Bull Right, Big Al, Edith Ann, Ernestine, and The Farkle Family.
- Salutes to guns, law and order, adult books, morality, the circus, Thanksgiving, beautiful people, sports, commercials, California, the family, airlines, the actor, the ’50s, and the Summer of ’72.
- Guest Stars: Steve Allen, Jack Benny, Carol Burnett, James Caan, Johnny Carson, William Conrad, Howard Cosell, Sammy Davis Jr., Dom DeLuise, Angie Dickinson, Phyllis Diller, Sandy Duncan, Nanette Fabray, James Farentino, Robert Goulet, Jack Klugman, Michael Landon, Steve Lawrence, Rich Little, Don Rickles, Vin Scully, Mark Spitz, Sally Struthers, John Wayne, Henny Youngman, and many more!
- CC: All discs contain the closed captioning option.
You cannot NOT get this. This is the stuff we grew up with in the 70s. This was funny without being too adult. I loved all the guest stars like Dom DeLuise, Don Rickles and especially Carol Burnett. My favorites back in the day were Ruth Buzzi and Lily Tomlin and I cannot wait to watch this with another fan of the time. These variety shows were everything to me when I was a kid. My family sat together and watched and even if I didn't get the joke I loved hearing my parents laugh and grandparents laugh. These were good times and this weekend my family and my youth weighed every on my mind.
The Carol Burnett Show turns 50! To celebrate the momentous occasion, CBS honored the groundbreaking comedy series with THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW 50TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL, which aired to a whopping 15.4 million viewers on Sunday, December 3, 2017.
The one-night event, which was filmed at the series’ original soundstage at CBS Television City in Los Angeles, features Burnett, original cast members Vicki Lawrence and Lyle Waggoner and costume designer Bob Mackie. Plus, a slew of special guests also join the fun, including Jon Batiste, Beth Behrs, Jim Carrey, Kristin Chenoweth, Stephen Colbert, Harry Connick Jr., Kaley Cuoco, Bill Hader, Steve Lawrence, Jay Leno, Jane Lynch, Steve Martin, Bernadette Peters, Amy Poehler, Tracee Ellis Ross, Maya Rudolph, Martin Short and more!
Now you can join the party and laugh along with Carol and her famous friends. You’ll revisit the show’s most hilarious clips, catch up with cast members, and enjoy brand-new musical performances!
- Enjoy the show’s most hilarious clips – Gone with the Wind, “The Dentist,” Tudball & Wiggins, The Family – all over again on the couch with Carol and her famous friends.
- Plus Carol does a bit of her beloved Q&A with the star-studded 50th Anniversary audience including questions from Pat Boone and Tom Selleck!
- Carol’s guests try out her famous Tarzan yell – Bill Hader, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, and Tracee Ellis Ross all give it a go, but a late, video entry wins the day – Steve Carell!
- Jim Carrey’s 10-year-old persona re-enacts receiving a reply to his Carol Burnett Show fan letter.
- Stephen Colbert, Steve Lawrence, Bernadette Peters, Kristin Chenoweth and Carol all come together for a brand-new musical number.
- And Harry Connick, Jr. and Carol close out the night with an emotional performance of the show’s theme song: “I’m So Glad We Had This Time Together.”
The Carol Burnett Show 50th Anniversary Special DVD includes:
- The full 50th Anniversary Special as broadcast.
- Exclusive new bonus features including red-carpet footage, backstage interviews, and anniversary wishes from Carol’s friends and fans.
- Plus a tribute booklet with production photos, notes from Carol’s guests, and a special message from Carol herself!
These are such fun additions to your media library. I just ordered both for my dad because I know he will love them. Both shows were staples in our house. The Carol Burnett Show 50th Anniversary special was wonderful. I saw it when it was on TV and enjoyed it so much more the second time around. I loved hearing Carol explain how she and Vicki Lawrence found each other and all the old pics and clips from the Carol Burnett Show.
It was fun seeing celebrities like Tom Selleck in the audience and all the talented comedians who sat on the couch with Carol to talk about Harvey and Tim and the rest then come out onto the stage to do Carol's ending song complete with the famous ear pull.
If you loved the Carol Burnett Show you will love this very special DVD.
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary product for my honest opinion. No monetary compensation was offered.