My kids are allergic to peanuts so tossing a PB&J at them doesn't work but sandwiches are so easy. Soo....in comes Nocciolata Dairy Free.
Nocciolata is a Hazelnut spread made with organic ingredients. Made of Italian hazelnuts (16%), brown sugar, skim milk and Bourbon vanilla extract it is amazing on toast, bread, crackers or even in recipes like the ones below.
My daughter's favorite is a bagel with half Nocciolata and half Almond Butter.
3-Ingredient Nocciolata Fudge Cups (Dairy Free / Vegan / Gluten Free)
[Adapted from thebigmansworld.com]
2 cups Nocciolata Dairy Free
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
Sea salt, to top (optional)
Line a 12-count muffin tin with six-muffin liners.
In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt Nocciolata Dairy Free with coconut oil. Remove from heat and stir in pure maple syrup.
Divide mixture evenly among 6 lined muffin cups. Place in the freezer for 2 minutes to allow fudge to firm up.
Store fudge in the fridge.
Nocciolata Swirl Pumpkin Pie
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addition
For the Crust:
- 1 and 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
For the Filling:
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1t pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Nocciolata*, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9 or 8-inch pie dish with nonstick spray. Set aside. Grind up gingersnap cookies into a fine crumb. Mix with melted butter, and sugar. Press into bottom of prepared pie dish and about halfway up the sides. Bake crust for 10 minutes and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the remaining ingredients (except for the Nocciolata) and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into pie crust. Drop spoonfuls of warmed Nocciolata onto pie and swirl gently with a knife.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until the filling is set. The center will still look wet but will not jiggle too much. Allow to cool completely and serve at room temperature.
These recipes sound amazing! AND....to wash our snack down today we had Sugar Babies Caramel Hot Chocolate.