Did you know that this Saturday - February 29 - is Leap Day? It’s a date that only comes around every 4 years to help synchronize the calendar year with the length of time it takes the Earth to complete its orbit around the sun - which is 365.25 days! It’s an extra 24 hours to do whatever you want, without feeling guilty that you don’t have the time.
In the word’s of Chandler Bing – “Can I BE anymore excited?!”
Some fun facts about Leap Year:
- Leap Year was first introduced by Julius Caesar in 45 BC.
- The odds of being born on Leap Day are about 1 in 1500.
- There are about 187,000 people in the US, and 4 million people worldwide who were born on Leap Day.
- Leap year babies get their driver's licenses when they are officially four years old (or 16 calendar years)!
- How do you know if it’s going to be a Leap Year? Most years that can be divided evenly by 4 are Leap Years, with the exception on Century Years. Century Years are not Leap Years unless they can be evenly divided by 400.
So what are you going to do with your extra day this year? On behalf of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment and the Digital, Blu-ray & DVD releases of Friends – we wanted to wish you and your family a Happy Leap Year. Since this day only comes around once every 4 years – it’s a day to sit back, relax and binge with your “friends.”
I will watch Friends every time it is on. If you need your Friends fix and want to see it commercial free all Seasons are available www.OwnFriendsTV.com . All seasons are also available to own at all major digital retailers; including iTunes, VUDU, Amazon Prime, and Google. DVD and Blu-ray sets can be purchased from all major retailers - including Amazon, Target and Walmart.
Friends is an American sitcom about six friends struggling to survive on their own in Manhattan. In each episode, they find the companionship, comfort and support from each other to be the perfect solutions to the pressures of everyday life. The series stars 'The Ones That Were There For You' for ten seasons strong: Jennifer Aniston as “Rachel Green,” Courteney Cox as “Monica Geller,” Lisa Kudrow as “Phoebe Buffay,” Matt LeBlanc as “Joey Tribbiani,” Matthew Perry as “Chandler Bing,” and David Schwimmer as “Dr. Ross Geller.” Friends has also featured many notable guest stars including Tom Selleck, Aisha Tyler, Jon Favreau, Anna Faris, Hank Azaria, Bruce Willis, Reese Witherspoon, Christina Applegate, Sean Penn, Jon Lovitz, Alec Baldwin, and many more. Friends was created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman and aired on NBC from September 22, 1994 to May 6, 2004. The series was produced by Bright/Kauffman/Crane Productions, in association with Warner Bros. Television.