Source: Hair Bow Center
Many little girls love to wear adorable bows in their hair. Unfortunately, buying unique hair bows to match different outfits can add up quickly unless you make them yourself. With a bit of imagination, a few basic supplies and step-by-step instructions, you can assemble a lovely collection of beautiful hair bows that you can make for pennies on the dollar. Also, these are great gift ideas!
Gather Your Supplies
Make sure to gather all bow making supplies to avoid having to run to the store in the middle of your project. Basic supplies required include:
· Narrow grosgrain ribbon
· Wide grosgrain ribbon
· Needle and thread
· Hot glue gun with glue sticks
· Alligator clips or barrettes
Depending on the particular style of hair bow you are making, you may need a variety of sizes of ribbon. Experiment with different colors too, matching different shades of one color in an ombre style or using contrasting colors like blue and yellow.
Steps to Make a Hair Bow
There are many different techniques you can use to make hair bows. Once you get the hang of making a traditional bow, you can experiment with a variety of styles. Here are eight simple steps to create a basic bow:
1. Measure out four inches of the narrow ribbon. Press the ends of the clip together and insert the ribbon between the prongs right to the back. Close the clip.
2. Run hot glue across the top of the clip to attach the ribbon.
3. Place the glue all along the clip, one section at a time, and press the ribbon as you go. Continue until the entire clip is completely lined.
4. Measure out 12 inches of the wide ribbon.
5. Fold ribbon in fourths.
6. Use clips to hold folded ribbon together. Thread a needle and sew all of the pieces together.
7. Loop the thread around once and tie. Cut excess thread.
8. Take another piece of narrow ribbon and make a knot. Attach knot to the top of the bow with glue.
With endless ways to make your own personalized hair bows quickly, economically and effortlessly, you can create unique styles to complement any wardrobe. Hair Bows will never go out of fashion and are very easy to match with most outfits, so discover your favorites and make them all!