A friend of mine has been playing with her band at Boo At The Zoo for a few years and tells me it is awesome. We haven't been able to attend but my friends who have been tell me it is a blast. If you have never been there is still time to have some Thrills and Chills at The Bronx Zoo. It's a New York Tradition!!!!!
Here’s a look at the event line-up for the next three weekends:
Weekend of Oct. 18/19:
· “Jack O’Lantern Illumination, sponsored by Book of Life”; premieres Oct. 17 in theatres everywhere; ticket raffle at the exhibit; tattoos/coloring sheet giveaway; costumed character on 10/17
· Creepy Craft Workshops, sponsored by Family Circle (Oct. 18-19); goodie bags for everyone, mask making, and paint a pumpkin, courtesy of Fresh Direct
· Costume Parade/Broadway at Boo: Cinderella performing and leading the parade on Oct. 19
Weekend of Oct. 25-26:
· This is the destination for Halloween: besides seeing the fabulous animals, you can see hay maze, puppet shows, music, magic, crafts, costume parade, free treat stations, creature chats, haunted graveyard, pumpkin displays, and special appearances by animated film characters and cast members of top Broadway shows
· Fall at the Farm at the BX Zoo: free dairy treats, games, giveaways, butter making, milking simulator
· Special creature chats with bats, rats, snakes, komodos, owls and vultures – dispels misconceptions of these wonderful creeping, slithering and screeching
· Puppet Performances - Carnival of Extraordinary Animals re-introduces participants to the species that have left us
· Broadway at Boo: On the Town (Oct. 26) performing and leading the costume parade
Weekend of Oct. 31-Nov. 2:
· Special Halloween Day Celebration (Oct. 31) – First-ever weekday Bronx Zoo Halloween Celebration, offering a safe, family-friendly array of activities.
· Last chance for Boo and Dino Safari
· Penguins of Madagascar – Nov. 1-2, 12:30, 2:45, 3:30 p.m.
· Amazing 3-D Haunted House pumpkin carving grand finale — 3 day carve with 3 sculptors using a 600 lb. pumpkin!
Hope to go soon! My kids would love it.