What is a great marriage? What does a healthy marriage even look like? If we haven't seen one and can't define it, what hope do we have of building one?
Not A Partnership combines the world's oldest wisdom with 21st century Positive Psychology research & insight to define what a healthy marriage is -- and to give you practical steps to get one.
Whether your marriage is new, old - or yet to come! -- Tod & Peter's experience and wisdom in guiding successful relationships can help guide you to a flourishing marriage centered on the other.
* Marriage Reset: Not A Partnership provides a clear guide to (1) why marriage can provide the most powerful and fulfilling source of human intimacy and happiness; (2) why we often fail to act in a way that makes marriage work; and (3) how we can establish great marriages - and fix broken ones.
* Marriage Is For You: Besides its power to create and foster love and happiness, marriage creates the #1 opportunity to enhance your conduct & character, and helps us build the best possible version of ourselves.
* The book's Four Pillars of Giving -- (1) keeping it fresh, (2) gratitude, (3) respect in all its forms, and (4) all depends on me -- give a clear road map to how a successful marriage works, and the practical tools to bring it to life.
* Why another marriage book? Many books point to the HOW of marriage. Not A Partnership shows you the WHY and WHAT of marriage. Once we know what we're shooting for, we can take the practical steps to getting there.
* Your Kids! Happy marriages produce fulfilled spouses and a positive home. A loving home is the greatest tool you can use to produce happy, optimistic and secure children. When we build our marriage, we not only improve ourselves, we also set our kids up for success.
I received a complimentary digital copy of this book for review and was pleasantly surprised with the general, practical tips, suggestions and more on how to create a loving, meaningful, marriage that works for two people.
As someone who has been married for 22 years and dated 6 prior I can tell you that our marriage has changed over time and I wish I had this book prior to 2010. We went through a very rough patch a in 2014-2016 and I believe our marriage is stronger than ever before. I watched many marriages fall apart over the past 3-5 years and found myself wondering if they had read this book if things would have been different. I have gone back to read various passages and need to purchase the physical copy because I want to highlight certain passages and leave notes so I can leave it bedside to re-read when I need to know how to approach a topic or how to say something that is bothering me without being needy, disrespectful and heard. I want to be heard and Tod and Peter show you how to ask for what you want without your partner shutting down. I think this is the root of all evil.
Every one in a relationship should read this book. Not just those married happily or otherwise. If you are dating, engaged, or thinking of eventually leaving your spouse. Read this book. Tod and Peter may just save your marriage.
More about Tod and Peter
Tod Jacobs is Director of the David Robinson Institute for Jewish Heritage in Jerusalem, which he co-founded in 2005. Prior to his current role teaching and counseling his students and alumni, he enjoyed a distinguished career on Wall Street as one of the leading authorities on the telecommunications industry globally. As a managing director at JP Morgan and before that a partner at Sanford C. Bernstein and Company, Tod acted as a frequent commentator on network television and in leading newspapers and magazines and testified several times before the U.S. Congress as an expert on telecom and media issues. His credits in print and broadcast journalism, where he worked prior to Wall Street, include nominations for both the Pulitzer Prize for investigative journalism and the Emmy Award. Tod lives in Jerusalem with his family.
Peter Lynn has served as Dean of Students at the David Robinson Institute for Jewish Heritage since its inception. An MA in Applied Positive Psychology (MAPP) from the University of Pennsylvania, Peter lectures at Touro College in Jerusalem. He is also Founder and Director of the Greatness Within Seminars, where he helps empower individuals and organizations through the application of Positive Psychology. An accomplished athlete and Ironman finisher, Peter was captain of the US World Duathlon Team. Peter lives in Jerusalem with his family.
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary product for my honest review. No monetary compensation was offered.