On December 5, the best-selling reference book of all time released its 2018 edition, celebrating its 150th anniversary. What were the headlines of 2017? Find out in The World Almanac® and Book of Facts 2018 ($14.99).
Features to look forward to include:
- 150 Years of The World Almanac: This special feature celebrating The World Almanac's historic run includes highlights from its distinguished past and some old-fashioned “facts” illustrating how its defining mission has changed with the times.
- Historical Anniversaries: The World Almanac's recurring feature expands to incorporate milestone events and cultural touchstones dating to the book's founding year, from the impeachment of President Andrew Johnson to the publication of Little Women.
- The World at a Glance: This annual feature of The World Almanac provides a quick look at the surprising stats and curious facts that define the changing world.
- Other New Highlights: A brand-new biography of the 45th president and profile of the Trump administration; official 2016 election results; and statistics on criminal incarceration and sentence lengths, health care, overdose deaths, shootings, terrorism, and much more.
- The Year in Review: The World Almanac takes a look back at 2017 while providing all the information you'll need in 2018.
- 2017—Top 10 News Topics: The editors of The World Almanac list the top stories that held the world's attention in 2017.
- 2017—Offbeat News Stories: The World Almanac editors found some of the quirkiest news stories of the year, from the king who secretly worked as an airline pilot for decades to the state that’s auctioning off its governor’s mansion.
- World Almanac Editors' Picks: Time Capsule: The World Almanac lists the items that most came to symbolize the year 2017, from news and sports to pop culture.
My husband sees a lot of books come into this house. I love reading and get a ton from the library, book stores, tag sales and reviews. He doesn't even notice them. This came in and he sat on the couch and took it with him looking through it for two days. After he was done he stated that this should go under the Christmas tree so that everyone has a chance to look at it. I thought it was so cute. He thought it was special and put it under the tree next to our nativity set and the first wrapped gift.
The World Almanac is a book with both separately enjoyed reading when we were younger and even with the internet, there is nothing like flipping through this book of information. There are no distractions of websites, or notifications popping up when you sit and read a book.
If you are looking for a gift for your family this year, think about The World Almanac.
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary product for my honest opinion. No monetary compensation was offered.