Tips from Dr. Christopher Hobbs of Rainbow Light
- Prioritize regular exercise. It helps condition resistance to infections by circulating blood and immune cells.
- Practice hydrotherapy. After exercise (or a hot bath or shower), get into a cool swimming pool or shower to help circulate surface immunity. Moving between heat and cold relaxes muscles, stimulates blood flow and moves lymph fluid, which is part of our body’s immune system. Hydrotherapy has been practiced in many cultures for 2,000 years to help maintain and restore health.
- Take Action Early On. If you start feeling under the weather, address symptoms early and continue for at least three days after symptoms disappear. Try a remedy with herbs researched for immune support (elderberry, andrographis, berberine) like Rainbow Light® Counter Attack™ to bolster immunity and reduce symptom severity.
- Limit sugar and processed foods. These can have a negative effect on health, especially when immunity is compromised. Refined sugar itself can cause immune suppression!
- Incorporate garlic into favorite dishes. Studies show that garlic promotes overall immune health, that it is active against specific bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, and that it may bolster the ability of the respiratory tract to defend against viral infection.
- Drink hot green tea. It contains compounds that help strengthen resistance.
Dr. Christopher Hobbs, Ph.D., L.Ac., Director of Herbal Science at Rainbow Light
Dr. Christopher Hobbs, is an internationally renowned herbalist, licensed acupuncturist and botanist, has been formulating market leading natural supplements exclusively for Rainbow Light® since 1985. With more than 35 years of clinical experience in herbal medicine, Hobbs has authored 25 books, including Herbal Remedies for Dummies and Women’s Herbs, Women’s Health. He shares his knowledge of herbal medicine with consumers and educators all over the world through lectures, and utilized his expertise in this field to found the Institute for Natural Products Research. He also serves as a consultant to the herb industry.